Friday, October 8, 2010

The Sunset

Red-Tailed Hawk in Golden Gate Park



As I was heading over to the Sunset today, I noticed this Red-tailed Hawk just sitting out in the middle of Speedway Meadow looking around and relaxing on the grass. I was able to get about 10 feet away from it, until it fixed me with a stony glare and flew away. It flew up to a perch in a nearby tree and stared at me from a safe distance.

The Sunset (35th and 42nd Avenues and Pacheco and Quintara Streets) was just as monotonous as ever, but the ocean was beautiful and the weather was perfect.


View Larger Map


Man Feeding Ducks at Lloyd Lake in Golden Gate Park

Apartment Building at Vicente and 42nd Ave. (My Friend Madeleine lived here for several years)

Surfers at the Beach at the end of Pacheco St.



Row of Houses near Pacheco and 42nd Ave.

The Sunset Church near Lawton and 42nd Ave.

Lime Green House on 42nd Ave.

No comments:

Post a Comment