Thursday, July 22, 2010

Tenderloin, Union Square, Japan Town, etc.


Jon worked a double today, so I walked all the way downtown and met him in Union Square during his break. As I walked out of the Richmond on Balboa St., it became sunny around Arguello St., and it stayed sunny for the rest of the day, until I came home. What a difference it makes in my soul when there's sun! Even walking down Turk St. with the crack addicts and drunks through the Tenderloin didn't bother me - It was sunny out! However, Turk Street is definitely one that you would want to walk during the daylight hours.

After making it alive through the Tenderloin, I met Jon in Union Square and we headed on down to Annabelle's for lunch. Jon knows the bartender there, Troy, who's always nice to us and gives us free drinks. What's not to like?

Walking back home was a long slog and cold, especially once I got back in the fog. I stopped at Trader Joe's for a little shopping on the way and got home in time for Rachel Maddow!


Happy Cat in the Window

Cinderella Russian Bakery

USF

Mural at Turk and Gough

My kind of place on Turk

Biscuit and Blues on Mason

Ruby Skye on Mason

Tourists in Union Square

The Train on Market

Troy at Annabelle's

Jon at Annabelle's

Annabelle's

The Apple Store on Stockton

Japan Town

Japan Town

Street Sign in Japan Town

Kabuki Theatre

Mural on the Hamilton Rec Center

2750 Sutter St., where my friend Ruth lived for 13 years

Trader Joe's on Masonic

House on Anza St.

2 comments: