Friday, September 17, 2010

Jim Jones!

Mural at Cole and Haight


Well yesterday I walked by Charles Manson's one-time abode, so today I decided it was Jim Jones turn. Apparently, he lived at 1660 Page St., pre-People's Temple, just 2 and 1/2 blocks away from where Charles Manson lived. I wonder if Jim and Charles ever ran into each other?


View Larger Map

1660 Page St., Jim Jones' one-time abode

Jim Jones

Golden Gate Park Panhandle

Haight Ashbury Free Medical Clinic

Apartment Building at Carl and Clayton

Finnigan's Wake on Cole

Eos Restaurant at Carl and Cole

2 comments:

  1. Jones actually lived at Page Street later in his life, not pre-Peoples Temple. I don't know the exact months but he lived there from the mid to late 70s anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the apartment was on the third floor and was actually under his mothers name and it was still part of peoples temple property after November 1978.

    ReplyDelete