Thursday, September 16, 2010

Laurel Heights, The Haight and Charles Manson!

Rachele and me at Lower Angora Lake, near Lake Tahoe


I've been on hiatus for a while with this blog, as Rachele and I went on an impromptu Tahoe trip (see above), but the whole time I was gone, I was plotting streets and new routes. I guess you could say I'm somewhat obsessed!

Today I walked through Laurel Heights, and then over to Ashbury Heights and the Haight. In the Haight, I took pictures of Charles Manson's one-time residence on Cole Street, and wondered if he recruited his followers from the neighborhood - The garage he lived in is just a half block away from a busy section of Haight Street. It seems weird to think of a psychopath wandering around our beloved, funky Haight Street neighborhood.

In Laurel Heights, I walked by the Roos House, at 3500 Jackson St. (at the corner of Locust and Jackson). Built in 1909 by architect Bernard Maybeck, the Roos House is a San Francisco landmark (#56). The house is a two story English stucco and half-timber structure, and has Gothic influences.

I also walked by 115 Walnut Street, a B&B that my parents frequented a few years ago.


View Larger Map


The Map Table in my apartment

The Master Map

Mansion near Locust and Washington, Laurel Heights

3500 Jackson St., Roos House

Roos House at Locust and Jackson

Roos House

Window in Roos House

Roos House

Back of Roos House

Mansion at Jackson and Laurel

Mansion at Washington and Walnut

115 Walnut St., Margaret Brennan's B&B

Margaret Brennan's House

Mansion at Walnut and Pacific

Eucalyptus Forest in the Presidio

Apartment Building at Washington and Presidio


Mansion at Clay and Presidio

Ella's Restaurant at California and Presidio

Bus Resting Ground, near Masonic and Presidio

Victorian near Fulton and Broderick

More Victorians near Fulton and Broderick

More Victorians near Fulton and Broderick

Stairway between Waller and East Buena Vista Ave.

Sutter and Waller, Soulful Pilates Building



One-time Abode of Charles Manson, 636 Cole St. (Garage)

Charles Manson's Garage Home

Charles Manson

Charles Manson, half block away from Haight St.

Musicians near Haight St.


No comments:

Post a Comment